Thursday, April 30, 2015

A blessed good morning to you. I hope your day began with a good stretch and a smile on your face. That's the way mine began and now I have added my old friend, the cup of coffee, to the routine, I feel refreshed and ready.

We made it back home from Tennesee yesterday without incident. We did find the location of the house we will rent for our family reunion. It is way out in the country but the area is beautiful. We had asked our On- Star navigation system to guide us to the place as we left our hotel. After it directed us to the location, we realized that we were where we wanted to be, --- but, --- still didn't know where we were. So, we kept driving for a bit and finally saw a fellow that was plowing a garden patch, so I stopped and told him that we were really enjoying the country drive but --- we were totally lost and had no clue as to where we were. I told him where we were trying to go and he gladly gave us directions on how to get "un-lost".

Of course the Pastor part of me tends to see God in most situations and this was no exception because God is still speaking, whether we listen or not. As I see it, we frequently get "lost" as we follow life's gps directions looking for a solution to a problem. We put our head down and keep our eyes "on the road", intently following every turn and direction. But then, when we have reached our goal or our destination, we raise our heads and look around, and we have no idea where we are and what to do next. We don't want to go back to where we were in life so we head off in any direction hoping for a good outcome, but frequently becoming more lost. That is the time to pull off of the road and ask God for direction. Like my farmer yesterday, God responds best when you begin with "I'm lost --- and I need help". So, I give thanks this morning to God for a safe trip, despite all of the setbacks and aggravations of Tuesday, and I offer thanks to my unknown farmer in Tennesee who gave good directions to get us back to civilzation.

Today we need to go to the churches and finish running the bulletins. I ran part of them before choir practice last evening, but still have to finish that project. We also need to go to a nursery this morning. We want to purchase some peony trees if we can find some. I also need to mow today and fill my bird feeders again today. And --- when that is all done, I need to write my mother's day sermon. That's the way it is when I try to sneak out of town for 24 hours; the work quickly stacks up.

Mrs. Rabbit is busy in the yard again this morning. All of the flowers are getting big enough that she can easily hide when something scares her. My pilated woodpecker came in too, but my feeders it likes are empty so it didn't stay long. We have the usual assortment of friends at the feeders even though most of them need filling.  So, I guess I might as well get up off of my duff, and start my work day. I hope your day is filled with love, peace, and God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment