Friday, May 29, 2015

Here it is --- payday; for those of you who get a gift from the eagle on a Friday. Those of us on the "retired roles" are once a month people. We are the fixed income group that you hear seniors talk about. I've always figured most people were pretty much on a fixed income. If you work for a salary then you are on a fixed income.

Its a mostly cloudy morning and I'm sitting here waiting for our contractor that installed our generator to show up for the final inspection. I doubt he will be late because he will also want his check. I'm happy with the installation and the product, but then we've not had a power outage to use it either. Now that I have spent seven grand we'll probably never lose power again. And --- that's okay too.

I broke down and bought this new IPAD Air 2 yesterday and this is my first time to blog with it. I'm learning my way around it and it's functions and capabilities. So far, so good. I'll figure out my likes and likes and my needs and don't need. Ms. Kate has a keyboard for hers that Julie bought her but she's not using it because it makes it too heavy for her. Assuming I can find it, I will try it on this one.

I have several downy woodpeckers on the feeders this morning, mainly on the suet blocks. By now the bark butter feeders a totally stripped. I need to fill those today again. I'm just not certain what else is on the schedule for today. It looks and feels like it could rain any minute so we will just have to play the day as it happens. I need to check with Ms. Kate and see what might be on her agenda.

My baby bunny was back looking in on me again. I'm hoping it will stay at the door long enough for me to snap a picture of it now that I have this tablet. My Nook doesn't have a camera in it and I could never get a picture of my little buddy.

My contractor has come and gone, and my coffee cup is empty so I need to get busy. As I look out the doors of the sun porch the sun is shining brightly on that beautiful red knockout rose and once again reminding me of God's never ending glory. If I had nothing else in the world for which to be thankful for today, I would be thankful for that. But I have so very many blessings that I am simply overwhelmed. Take a minute or two today and give God praise for your blessings too.


No comments:

Post a Comment