Thursday, May 28, 2015

Happy Thursday! We almost have another work week done and we almost have the fifth month of the year done. June is just three days away.

My morning officially started with a blessing. As I came out to the sunporch there were two baby bunnies out here on the patio playing chase and hide and seek in and out of the phlox. They would chase one another around and hop over and at one another. It was a sweet thing to watch. And, it was just another example of the micr-gifts we are given from God to remind us what an amazing world God has created.

We got part of our things done yesterday but not all. But the closets and underwear drawers are refilled as are the pantries. The yards are mowed except for the back one. But the front yard looks good and Dan's yard is done. I'll knock out my back yard this morning. It only takes me about twenty minutes. We have an investment guy coming today just to go over the investment thing that I've had for years. I haven't talked to any of them in years and have now reached the age of mandatory withdraw. I hope he doesn't plan one trying to start me in anything new because there is no new news on my financial front There won't be anything new coming. I'm glad we decided to do our little bit of investment back when I was a young Air Force Captain. It hasn't done anything great but it is better than nothing.

This afternoon we will head up to the churches and get things ready for Sunday.
Then I need to go by the nursing homes. I also have a load of stuff for Goodwill donations that I need to drop off. So, we have enough to do today.

I was reading a Facebook entry/update from a lady that is on our prayer list at the churches. I don't know her personally, a friend of hers asked that we put her on or prayer list.  She has cancer and her fight for life is amazing as she chronicles her progress and lack there of. Her mantra is "Just keep swimming" from the Finding Nemo movie. Her blogs or updates are truly inspiring because while she admits to the pain and sickness she feels, she is upbeat and grateful to God for each and every day. Her writing reminds me of our Julie's blogs and the book she wrote called "An Attitude of Gratitude". Positive people are just flat out inspirational people. They may not recognize it as such, but it is their ministry to the world. I think that happens because regardless of their situation, God uses them to bring hope to the rest of us. You know, it is easy to be positive when life is good and you have your health and wealth. But the person who can identify their abundance of blessings as they deal with daily pain or disability or even the reality of a terminal illness: --- those people are God's messengers of hope. I'm a fairly positive person and try to pass that positivity on; but I'm also living a comfortable life. I pray that if my situation changes, that I will never stop looking for and being grateful for the blessings in my life. I pray that I will never forget that God is good; all the time.

I pray your day will be filled with peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Papa. The flare is lingering so it's one of those things that you either out "positive" it or you let it get you! :-)

    ReplyDelete