Wednesday, May 20, 2015

It is a "brrrr" 50° with a brisk breeze this morning. That same breeze will be blowing in rain by this afternoon. The backyard is a busy place this morning because I filled the sunflower seed feeders and the bark butter paste feeders, as well as the thistle seed feeders. I probably have eight or ten cardinals this morning ad a bunch of the various kinds of finches, and several of the smaller woodpeckers. There is lots of fluttering and birdsong going on. But --- the best news this morning is that I had a little bunny, about four inches long, peering in at me this morning. So, the old rabbit's litter is now big enough to leave the nest. I wonder how many she had and how many have survived. I've only seen the one but there is a lot of cover out there for them.

I didn't get to the birdfeed store yesterday. Maybe today I'll have a chance to get there before we head up to the churches to get our work done. Instead of going to get birdfood, we went and got pedicures. It is a small luxury we afford ourselves about every six weeks or so. I never thought I would enjoy that but it beats bending over my fat belly trying to trim my toenails myself. The only bad part is that I'm ticklish on the balls of my feet and it makes my legs jerk everytime she gets there. Fortunately, I haven't kicked her yet.

It appears there was no dew last night so I need to get out side early and get the yards mowed. Two of my neighbors mowed yesterday but I wanted to wait at least one more day. This coming weekend is Memorial Day weekend and I suppose they may be getting ready to go out of town or something like that. But, I'll get ours mowed this morning so it will look nice. Dan is still out of town so I'll do his too, of course.

Tonight is our final choir practice for the seaso and Sunday we will sing for the final time before the summer worship schedule begins. Our choir isn't a large choir by any stretch; but they do love to sing and have chosen the choir as their ministry. There are only about a dozen of us on a steady basis and we are an older choir. We could use another couple of men singing; but then we could use some more men attending church too. I wish I knew how to bring in some younger people into the churches. I love our members but would love to add more people to the flocks of both churches. I reckon that is the lament of most denominational churches today. The non-denoms with their bands and big screens and coffee bars don't seem to have that problem. But, Jesus said, "Where two or more are gathered, there too am I." So once again I give God thanks for our faithful and loving congregations.

It is time for me to vacate the recliner and get my work done. Ms. Kate just refilled my coffee cup and came out to join me here in the sunporch. So, maybe I'll wait a bit. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment