Saturday, May 23, 2015

I don't see it but I hear it. I can hear the drops of rain from an obviously light sprinkle hitting the roof of the sunporch. That was not on the agenda for today. Hopefully it won't amount to anything.

So, what to do with this three day weekend and specifically, what to do with my Saturday? There are a whole lot of thngs that need doing for sure. I think though, I may make an attempt at cleaning out my garage. I'm at a point continually that I can never find anything when I need it. It gets really frustrating. The biggest problem is that I have stuff that I will never use and don't want to get rid of in case I need it. Does that have a familiar ring to it for you? And, I don't have any wall space at all. It's a mess. The closing up of my mother's apartment and Ms. Kate's aunt's apartment hasn't helped a thing either. I had a lot of extra space when I sold my convertable, and filled it up with "stuff".

There is an adult starling out there on a pussywillow branch chipping away at the suet block and feeding its two youngsters. See, that's how they learn that my yard is the place to be. It becomes a never ending cycle. In one day the squirrels have emptied two large sunflower seed feeders and the starlings ate all of the bark butter pellets and paste. So, no new picnics for those guys this weekend. I'm voting them off of the island. My mother-in-law used to have a sign hanging in her kitchen that read; "Kitchen closed! This chick has had it!" The same thing applies to my feeders for the weekend. There is a lot of food out there and they can just clean up what is there and on the ground. Humpf!

This morning I have a couple of Brown Thrush here running around in the yard. They come through every year for a day or two. They are strictly ground feeders and do a good job under my feeders. And the good thing is that they are not intimidated by the starlings and blackbirds. In fact they will follow the thrush around to see what it found to eat. They remind me of those kids in the school yard who follow the kid with the candy: "can I have some?"

I have sat here long enough and it is time to do something productive. The rain sprinles didn't last long and the sun is shining. Life is good and the baby bunny has been peering in at me through the door. God has filled my life with blessings once again, and for that, I give God praise. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment