Saturday, May 30, 2015

A cup of coffee and a bright sunny Saturday morning is a great way to start the day. But it is a noisy morning for a Saturday. The neighbors were out using their riding lawnmower at 0700 for the second day in a row. There were kids playing and yelling in the yard on the other side of the house, and at 0800 my generator kicked on for the weekly test. So what the heck?

The hydrangeas are really putting on a lot of blooms this year. I had cut them way back last fall and winter so I wasn't for sure how they would do. We had heard two versions of how to care for them. One said to leave them alone and just let the new blooms push the old blooms off. The other said its fine to cut them way back. I needed to get some fence around them to hold them up so I went ahead and cut them back to about eight inches and they are doing great.

We went to my sister in law's house yesterday and her flower beds are beautiful as always. She works in them constantly and adds mulch and good additives to the soil. A weed doesn't stand a chance in her flowerbeds. I guess that is why they moved to my beds. But, I think I'll go see if I can actually work in mine this morning. There is a good breeze blowing this morning so it shouldn't be too hot, as long as it isn't too muddy. I'll also put on some mosquito spray just in case they want a fresh meal.

It is a good spiritual morning out here in the sun porch. I have a Gaither album playing on my IPad, I've read my Max Lucado morning devotional, and I'm surrounded by God's natural beautiful world all around me. The Cardinals are literally glistening in the sunshine and my baby bunnies are hoping around the sidewalk without a care in the world. How can I feel anything but blessed? How can do anything but offer prayers of gratitude? So, as part of my prayers today I'll pray that your day is as blessed as mine is. God is good, all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment