Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It is a Tuesday afternoon and 78°, windy and sunny. The ground is too wet to get any yard work done. The electritians are here to finish the install of the generator and have been since 0800 this morning. They keep switching the eletricity on and off so I'm down from working on the computer. So, --- I'm back to the sunporch, watching my birds and decided to do a blog entry since I hadn't gotten to it earlier.

Ms. Kate and I took advantage of not having a computer and finally got to the very important business of writing and sending out the after funeral "thank you " card for donations to the memorial fund and for the various flowers and plants. It was one of those things that we just hadn't done yet. Unfortunately, Ms. Kate has been working frantically to make all of the cards to send out, having forgotten that I had picked up a bunch of provided ones from the funeral home. Bless her heart, she's been working for days to get them made. I had no idea that was what she was working on. So, we used all of the provided ones and only had to use a few of hers. She will have enough thank you cards to last a long time.

Our weather forecast predicted rain and thunderstorms for most of the day. So far though we have not had any. It wouldn't hurt my feelings any if we were missed by the storms. We need a good dry-out period. The grass in one of the flowerbeds has gotten so bad that the iris in that bed aren't going to do anything, or if they do, we will hardly be able to see them. But, pulling up clumps of mud doesn't help a thing.

Our knockout roses back here just couldn't get any prettier. They are covered with red rose blooms that absolutely glisten in the sun. The two new ones we got from the church for my mother's funeral are doing okay. One is certainly doing better than the other. But, I think they will be fine. I'm waiting on the lilies to really put on.

So, the birds and critters benefitted from the electritians being here. Since I can't work on the computer, I went on out and filled all of the feeders. We have happy birds and squirrels again. They can quit staring in at me. I did my job. There is a squirrel out there in the pussy willow tree that is driving itself nuts trying to figure iut how to eat out of the three feeders that hang there. It can reach one of the feeders fairly easily but it really has to hang on to the branch  with just its back feet while it stretches way out to the feeder to retrieve a single sunflower seed.j One thing for sure, you can't challenge their determination.

A day like this just can't be experienced without being grateful to God. Even though I read my morning devotional, sitting here and looking at my surroundings just gives me peace of mind and a sense of humilty. How great our God is and how marvelous His creation. I hope you have a chance to enjoy some of it today.


No comments:

Post a Comment