Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The bark butter feeders are empty once again and I'm not sure I have anything with which to fill them. I know I emptied the container when I filled them last but I haven't checked to see if I have a replacement. Between the variety of wooodpeckers I have and the starlings, they rip through it pretty fast. Then there are the nuthatches too that love it. I may need to be makinng a trip to the Wildbirds and Things store for re-supply of several of my different foods. Kiss another $100.00 bill good bye. I wonder if I just peanut butter on those feeders how they would like that. It might be worth a try. The consistentcy is almost the same and bark butter is made from peanuts. Its an idea, although I think the cost is roughly the same.

The tree tops are shaking with squirrels this morning. There is chasing and fussing and chittering going on in every tree. I have no idea what the issue is but there is either a battle going on or one wild game of tag. I never cease to be amazed at how fast and nimble those creatures are. They are amusing to watch but they are also destructive and have torn up any number of my feeders over the years. I have shot them so many times with my BB gun and they just consider me another nuisance in their day. I obviously sting them because they watch out for me but I certainly don't deter them any. As I have sai many times, they survive here only because I have neighbors in close proximity.

I did get my Mother's Day sermon finished yesterday finally. It took a couple of re-writes. Now I need to get started on the service for next week. It never seems to end and I never seem to get truly ahead. But, we did get the visitation done this week so I feel good about that. We are fortunate that we only have a couple of folks in nursing homes. We have in the past had as many as a half dozen in nursing homes and they would be in a half dozen different towns. Many churches have visitation ministry teams that do that. My home church has a ministry that takes a recording of the service to the sick and shut-in every week. It is a wonderful program if you have the people to run it and a need for it. We have neither the equipment to do it nor the need at the moment. And even if we had the need we wouldn't have the people.

We need to do some more outside work today while the weather is good. The other day when I was putting in the garden, I made sure I put on my sunscreen.  However, I forgot to put on my hat and my thin hair allowed me to get the top of my head sunburnt. It is still tender. The silly thing is that I seldom go anywhere without my ballcap on which in itself, contributes to the thin spots. Sometimes there are a lot brighter lightbulbs on the tree than me.

I have time for another cup of coffee before I get dressed to go out and do some work. God has again provided a perfect day and I'm going to just sit here and enjoy it for awhile and have a conversation of meditation. I hope your day is a peaceful one full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment