Thursday, May 21, 2015

Okay, I"ll say it --- "what the heck is it with this weather"? It is 48°, cloudy and windy. Last night coming home from choir practice in the wind and drizzle, it looked like an October evening. Today's high is only going to reach 63°. I even broke out a sweat shirt for today and turned the heat on to take the chill off of the house. I felt sorry for the students at four of our high schools that had outside commencements planned for last night.

I got the yards all mowed yesterday and we made it to the birdfeed store. I got out of there for under a hundred bucks but that really only covers a couple of rounds of feeding. The bark butter paste feeders that I hung out fresh yesterday are completely stripped this morning. So, I'll refill those this morning while I'm putting out all of the other stuff like suet and seed cakes and a new seed cylinder. I also bought a five pound bag of safflower seed. The Cardinals like that and most of the other birds nor the squirrels will eat it.

I heard the most wonderful comment from one of our choir members last evening. During a discussion concerning lack of people attending church, this dear person made the comment that attending our church fills her with the Holy Spirit. What a wonderful validation of our worship and faith family. What a beautiful, unplanned testimony.  Of course we pastors always hope that is the case, but seldom do we actually hear anybody say it; especially in a "traditional church" like ours. Ms. Kate and I both came away from choir last evening with rejuvenated spirits. And, it was just what she and I needed as we have been dealing with some tough issues for the past month. So, I give God praise for giving our church member the words we needed to hear, even though they were on a totally different subject. God indeed is still speaking, and He works in the most mysterious ways.

I'm happy to announce that we have more than one baby bunny although their population almost got cut by one yesterday while I was mowing with the John Deere. At the last possible moment the tiny thing went scrambling out of where he was hiding.

As I close this morning I must do so by once again thanking God for God's presence in my life and for being a force to bring peace to my mind and my soul. I must again give God thanks for my loving family and for Ms. Kate who is the one who cinches up my armor, gives me loving words and sends me off to battle, and is always there to truly listen to the war stories at the end of the day. God truly blessed me when God placed her in my path. I hope you have someone like that in your life. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment