Saturday, May 2, 2015

It is a bit cloudy this early morning as I bring my coffee out to the sunporch. The sun has yet to break through but no rain is anticipated and I've lined up a lot of work for today.

As if we haven't had eough bumps in the road this week, I was in the middle of tilling my little garden patch yesterday and my little Honda tiller just quit on me. I've had it for ten years and it has been an excellent one. Every year I get it out, put a little gas in it and it generally starts with one pull. But, it had been getting to the point in the last couple of years where the tines didn't want to rotate. Yesterday,  they just quit altogether. So, I went to Lowes and picked up a new one. This one is a Troy-bilt which is kind of a middle of the road brand. So, the first item after coffee and a shower is to assemble the new tiller. I just had not planned on spending a bunch of money for a new tiller yesterday. We also picked up twenty bags of mulch while we were at Lowes.

Lowes wasn't the only place we gave up chunks of change yesterday. We went to the DMV and paid for the new tags for the two vehicles and each got our new driver's license. What a great crew down there. We were in and out of there in about twenty minutes. It probably would have been quicker if I hadn't been gabbing with the lady. From there we went for our optometry appointments. Ms. Kate was fine but I had to have new lenses. I kept my old frames and ordered lenses to fit them for my everyday glasses and a pair of sunglasses, and it was still $600.00. So, between the new glasses, tags for the car and truck, and a new tiller, --- my Cold Stone money took a serious hit. I may be relegated to DQ small cone for awhile.

We stopped to eat lunch at a little resturant we go to frequently and ran straight into a crowd we were not expecting. We walked in the door and there were TV cameras, a local reporter that we like, and all kinds of folks lined up and standing around. We were fairly certain they weren't there to see us. What we didn't know was that the Govenor of Indiana was due to stop there in just a few minutes. They whisked us through to the back room and took our order. He arrived, did some grip and grin, gave a speech, and I guess ate some pie. The wait staff was all giggly and the govenor let them all take "selfies" with him. I tipped my waitress a little extra to let us sneak out a side door. At least he didn't slow down our food order. But, it was a good thing for him to come to the city and grip and grin at a local establishment and talk to the people who put him in office.

The sun has now woke up and my coffee cup is almost empty. A new tiller awaits assembly and a garden and flowerbeds are waiting for me too. God has provided all the ingredients for a productive day so I'll start with prayers of gratitude today and then make use of what God has provided. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment