Monday, June 1, 2015

58 degrees and off and on rain with a stiff breeze this morning. What's that all about? This is the first day of June, not the first day of March. The sun is not expected to break through at all today. So, that means no outside work today but maybe I'll finish my sermon for this coming Sunday. I'm almost done with it but I keep re-writing it. I would have been done days ago if I had left it alone, but I wasn't satisfied with the the way it read.

We had good worship yesterday during the services. Next Sunday we begin our summer worship schedule with only one service on a Sunday, and I think people are excited about that. I'm getting some special things lined up for the services and I need now to sit down with my calendar and map it out.

We went out and did parishioner visitation yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately doing that tends to have the opposite of the desired effect on me and I find it depressing. One person that I visit has no idea who I am or why I'm there. Another person I visit, might be thinking in the present or may be totally focused on some point in the past and so often that person seems to have angry moods and thoughts. So, I'm never sure if my visits or prayers actually reach them.

This morning I lift up prayers for one of our people who went in the hospital to have what he hoped was a minor situation taken care of. He will be having a couple more tests run today but instead of something minor, it appears he may be having a double or triple bi-pass surgery and his aorta valve replaced.  God certainly was looking after him. What he thought was a minor heart flutter was God giving him a message. God does work in mysterious ways.

I also pray this morning for the family that rents one of our personages. Through some kind of an accident, a tree limb fell on the man and his daughter. The man has a broken neck but is expected to recover in time. The one year old child though must have been hit directly on the head. As of last evening it was not a hopeful prognosis that she will live. But--- God again works in mysterious ways. We mortals can only pray and trust in the grace of God. And, even in our darkest hours we must trust that God is there and what ever happens to this little girl and her dad, will be to the glory of God. But it take a faith of iron to always accept that in the throws of fear and crisis. I pray for God to give them strength.

I have lots of backyard company this morning; cardinals and finches mainly. A couple of squirrels were here but they come and go. We have had three short showers since I have been writing this, none of which got the sidewalk totally wet but are just enough to keep the yard wet. I guess that is my cue to get down to my office and get busy. Have a blessed day. God loves you, so what more could you hop for?

No comments:

Post a Comment