Wednesday, October 1, 2014

That dang cat!! I had just set down in my chair when I heard a noise out side by the fence, and here came that calico cat running through my yard carrying one of my birds in its mouth. That's getting to be almost a weekly event. That thing, or one just like it has been around here for several years. I have no idea where it comes from or who it belongs to. It is probaby a ferral. We are fortunate that we live in a neighborhood that doesn't have stray animal running around except for the occasional possum or raccoon. And, my flowers and bushes make for a perfect ambush possibility. Ah well, nature has done what nature does.

Welcome to October! It is a cloudy, 61° morning with the sun beginning to burn off the clouds. I'm on day one of our vacation and as soon as I finish my blog, do a couple of chores, and put the suitcases in the car, we'll be off into the wild blue yonder. We really aren't going all that far, but it will be nice to get away. It has been many weeks since we've had any "down-time".

Can you believe it? That cat just came back for seconds. What it got was two BBs in the butt instead!

The leaves are really starting to fall from my tulip poplar trees. By the time I get back home there will be a lot of raking to do. I generally just rake them out of the flowerbeds and then mulch them up with the mowers. Its good for the yard, good for the air because I'm not burning them, and good for the environment because I'm not putting them in plastic bags be be buried in the landfill. God has given us a marvelous creation and we are total failures at maintaining it. So, Ms. Kate and try to do our little part.

Mr. Buzzwing and a buddy were here first thing this morning. Wwhat a great way to start my day. The downy woodpeckers are plentiful this morning as they peck away at the barkbutter feeders. I've counted nine Cardinals so far, although, I think it was a Cardinal that the cat got.

We are hearing some hopeful news from Sheila reference a medication change for Byron's cancer. We certainly keep the prayer line open and pray it does him some good. My prayers this morning are also for safe travels as we head out today. I also pray for the several people on our prayer list in the parish. You know, when I think of all of the people in this world and the fact that they are all praying for something from God, ---- how in heaven's name, does God manage that? The depth of God's love and power and capability is just totally beyond our ability to understand.

So, that is your spiritual homework for  the day. Think about that, and then thank God  for all you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment