Saturday, October 25, 2014

The morning is rapidly getting away from me. However, --- it is a beautiful Saturday morning and I am very comfortable here in the sunporch. When I first came out here with my coffee I thougt perhaps we might be getting some rain. However, the sky has cleared and the sun is shining and it has risen to 61° out there.

It hasn't been all sitting around. I went out a while ago and refilled some of the feeders here close to the house and cleaned the leaves out of the bird baths, not that they will stay cleared very long. I've also made a pan if cinnamon rolls for our breakfast. Yes, of course they were from a can. I prefer the orange ones but this was what we had.

The leaves are falling like crazy this morning from the female poplar tree. It always gets it leaves first and loses them first. And, the leaves are smaller than the male tree. Of course, I'm only guessing that one is a male and one is a female. I know there are male and female holly trees, so why not tulip poplar trees? The female has lost probably 40% of its leaves while the male still hasn't started to shed.

Ms. Kate and I had a great work day yesterday and got some good work done. We even had time to jump in the convertable and do some errand running. It had climbed up to almost 70° and we had to take advantage of the beautiful weather. Today we need to go to the Wildbirds and Things and pickup a couple of feeders. Normally I don't buy my feeders there because while they are good quality they are really expensive. But they have a sale going and who can resist that? Besides its another convertable riding day. However, we can't spend all of our day having fun, we got yard work to do.

The phlox, the iris, and the peonies are all cut off now for the winter out in the back yard. Ms. Kate also trimmed up all of the potted plants and they now reside here in the sunporch for the winter. So bring on the frost. We are ready for it. I hope to get the peonies and iris out front all cut off today. There is still a 100' bed along the west fence that needs tending and another along the north side of the house. I'm planning to do major surgery to the spirea and the crepe myrtle on the north side.  Both are way overgrown.

Time for me to get busy. This is to nice of a day to not get something accomplished, although, I'd easily sit here doing nothing for another hour. Here's hoping you have a totally relaxed and blessed day. I certainly intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment