Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ms. Margret, my neighbor immediately to the west, across the fence , has a squirrel battle going on this morning in her trees. And, --- from the rapidity and volume of the chittering, I'd say their language wouldn't be "biblical". I don't know how many are involved as I haven't actually seen them. But, --- it is entertaining to listen to and let my morning mind wander as to what is being communicated between them. It doesn't take much to entertain me.

I'm also entertained by Mr. Buzzwing this morning already. He has come early today trying desparately to get nectar out of the few remaining blooms on the phlox. The blossoms are getting to be few and far between now as probably 85% of them have fallen off. It won't be long and I'll need to cut all of that back and clean up this flowerbed right out my window. The only thing left blooming then will be the knock out roses and the pots of geraniums. Fall is definitely upon us. Before too much longer I'll need to take some of these chairs out of the porch and store them for the winter to make room for the potted plants Ms. Kate keeps in here during cold weather. We are probably four week away from first frost though, so I don't need to rush in to it. In the meantime, Mr. Buzzing has brought a friend or maybe two, for breakfast, and all is well.

I'm just about caught up with everything we need to do before we head out on a week's worth of vacation. I got my work at the church done yesterday but today I have get my weekly visitation done. Then --- I'll be ready to go.

We were blessed with a call from our California daughter, Heather, this morning. It is sometimes hard to stay up with the kids. Julie and Lisa live in the eastern time zone and Heather lives in the pacific time zone and of course we are in the central time zone. It gets interesting when we all do manage to get together because some get up at the crack of dawn and others are getting up at the crack of noon because their bodies don't have time to adjust. But it was wonderful to be able to talk to her. We plan to go to her house in December.

The sun I shining brightly now because I have set here that long, between phone conversations with Heather and my mother, and having my coffee and watching all of my backyard friends. God has given me yet another beautiful and peace filled day. The only angels I hear singing comes in the form of a cricket steadily chirping somewhere outside the porch, and the sweet fussing and chirping of the Finches as they squabble over the feeders. Life is so good and I am so very blessed. I hope your day is filled with God's peace too.

No comments:

Post a Comment