Thursday, October 30, 2014

37° this morning! What's up with that? But, the Robin doesn't care --- he's taking his bath anyway.

I'm blogging early and quickly this morning and I have an all day class today. I'm not even sure what it is a class on, --- but it fills some of my continued education requirements, and I must have thought it would be interesting at the time I signed up for it. Isn't it amazing what things we do just to fill a square. I'm not saying I'm past learning something new; I'd just rather do something else. So, I hope the class is entertaining at least.

Mr. Fuss-a-lot, the Blue Jay is here this morning. I haven't seen one for awhile. Actually I think it must be a different one than usual because it looks a bit smaller and isn't making any calls or shreaks this morning. There aren't many birds out there yet this morning. I'm too early for them. I need to make sure I top off the feeders this afternoon. We are supposed to get some showers overnight and then by Saturday night we are to have our first freeze. It won't be a hard freeze but we'll wake up to 30° come Sunday morning; right on time for November.

My prayers go out this morning for the family of a parishioner who lost a father last night. I don't know the man who passed, but I understand the death to be unexpected. These are the times when people ask "why" and search for answers that are often slow in coming or never come. So, I ask for comfort for their hearts and spirits.

And--- while I've got God on the line, I'll ask for peace of mind for Ms. Charlotte, my 101 year old parishioner who is in a nursing home with alzheimers and for another parishioner who is also in the nursing home with onset of dementia. The "golden years" that we say we are looking forward to, far too often turn out to be nothing more than tarnished and dull brass.

And, --- assuming God is still open for more requests, ( and God always is), I' ll say a prayer for you and for me. It's a fact that I have more blessings in my life than leaves in my yard and I must give God thanks for all of them, for those blessings include you.

Time to go to class! Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment