Monday, October 27, 2014

O happy day! What a great morning it is. It is a a warm, (6!°) sunny morning, with a stiff breeze blowing. My tulip poplar that was 40% de-nuded on Saturday is more than 85% clear today. That is a lot of leaves to clean up today and I need to do it today because we are expecting rain tonight, and I don't want them to get all wet and yucky to clean up. Dry leaves are easy, wet ones are just a mess. The other poplar is just starting to shed, but the neighbor's maple leaves are also coming here to rest.

I am on a mental and spiritual high yet this morning. Yesterday my two churches jointly celebrated Pastor's Appreciation Sunday. The St. Lucas congregation had prepared the entire service, featuring my favorite scriptures, and hymns. There were duets sung and special instrumental music played, all featuring songs that I love. There were words of love and support and encouragement throughout the service and throughout the day. It was then topped off with a meal catered by my favorite restaurant. You know, --- our denomination allows and encourages their ministers to take a ninety-day sabbatical once every five years to rest and rejuvenate the pastor's mind and spirit. Well, --- the parish totally accomplished that for me with one Sunday morning worship service, a wonderful faith family meal, and a day of love and support for me and for Ms. Kate. And the best part was that Our daughter Julie and hubby Jim knew all about it and surprised us by pulling into the church parkng lot right behind us. Yep, I'm still on a high!

I'm also on a high because Sheilla and Byron had such a good weekend. They made it to their grandson's confirmation and had a good visit there. But more importantly, Byron is feeling well enough to make those trips and he is eating well again. The dramaic drop in his PSA number has had a dramatic affect on his mental outlook too. So I give God all praise for that turn around and also ask for continued progress.

It is supposed to get 85° today and Ms. Kate and I talked about doing a top down road trip. But, I think we'll be out in the yard instead, making use of God's gift of a warm sunny day. There is still so much to do and we can play another day. But, I still have time to sit here through another cup of coffee and watch my Cardinals and Finches, and Robins as they enjoy the back yard bounty. Afterall, why hurry peace? Life didn't hand me any lemons today at all. Instead,  God gave me a blessed pitcher of sweet lemonade. Grab a glass and come join me. We'll sit and count our blessings together.

No comments:

Post a Comment