Thursday, October 9, 2014

Home again!  I'm in my chair, in my sunporch, and having coffee from my cup. Life is as it should be.

I begin by giving God thanks for an absolutely beautiful day yesterday for our drive home. Clear and sunny skies made the trip very pleasant. Seeing the occasional small herds of deer in the fields only added to the pleasure. The traffic was relatively light in all of the big cities and we scooted through with minimal frustration. So, I say "thank you Lord, for safe passage".

It is a cloudy morning with a bit of a drizzle on and off. As I predicted, the leaves are starting to fall pretty good. The blooms left on the phlox are down to  about 1% so it is time to cut all of that back. The petunias are done, but the roses still have blooms as do the geraniums. I need to get the geranium inside before long or they will get hit with a hard frost. This geranium is on its fourth year I think.

I won't see a lot of my feathered friends this morning, I suspect. The feeders were all empty and probably have been for several days. So, it might take a couple of days for the news to spread that the buffet is back open. So far, I've only had one chickadee here this morning doing a bit of exploring. I filled the finch feeders and the bark butter pellet and paste feeders first thing this morning. Next I need to fill all of the sunflower feeders. If the rain holds off a bit, I'll get that done pretty quickly. That will bring in the Cardinals right away. What I do hear though is the Canadian Geese on the move overhead.

The peace and quiet here this morning is almost deafening. Our cabin for the past few days was actually in the center of Berlin. While Berlin is a small town, it is on a main highway through eastern Ohio. So besides the clip clop and rumbling if the amish horses and buggies, there was also constant automobile traffic. I didn't really realize how noisy it was until I sat out here this morning and hear none of that. What a blessing silence can be. I suspect "city-folk" have to listen a lot harder to hear the voice of God than "country-folk" do.

There is much to do today, including a visit with my mother and a visit to the funeral home for our old friend Ron whose wife, Sandy, passed away. I was part of their wedding some forty six years ago and have known Ron since I was five years old.  I give God praise that they had each other for all of those years and I also give God praise that Sandy no longer suffers. Some day, we will see each other again in the realm of eternity. Such is the promise of our Savior.

I've let my coffee get cold, so I must  warm it up and start my day. The rain is holding off so I better get my feathered friends all fed. Here's praying that your day will be filled with peace, love, and the presence of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment