Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy new week! I wonder what great things are in store for this week and how can I make the best use of each day the Lord will give me.

Last night the weatherman said that there was a 20% chance of showers today. Well, --- from what I hear on the roof and see outside, --- we have now had 100% of our 20%!  But, I'm not complaining. They are only extremely light showers and the sun is shining through them. It makes for a beautiful scene. The good news is that once these pass over, we aren't supposed to have anymore rain for at least a week according to the "experts". I hope for our farmer's sake it doesn't rain. They are working so hard to get the harvest complete.

We've had a blessed weekend. Ms. Kate spent a good deal of Saturday cooking and baking. We had gone to the orchard on Friday, so Saturday she made two apple strudels and an apple pie. She also broke down a bunch of chicken to make chicken noodle soup. Last night was the Halloween party at one of my churches and she was making soup and strudel to take for that. There are good leftovers and a whole pie still here so you just know eating will be good around here this week.

I spent the majority of Saturday in the yard. I got my yard and neighbor Dan's yard mowed, and therefore the first falling of leaves all mulched up. Then, I spent hours out in my little 6' X 30' garden. I got the tomato plants all pulled up and most of the little trees and weeds out of that area. Then I tackeled the black raspberry patch. It had become overgrown with mulberry bushes and redbud sapplings. So I got that cleaned out; as well as all of the dead and dried raspberry canes. My garbage can is full as well as two large leaf/lawn bags of stuff from that patch but at least it is now recognizable as a berry patch. There is just so much to do, and I don't move as fast or as well as I once did.

I had a lot of birds out here when I first came out in the porch but right now I don't see any. There were Cardinals on every feeder for a while as well as Finches and my little Woodpecker. Even Mr. Fuss-a-lot, the Blue Jay showed up this morning again. I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks at least. But, they will all be back shortly. In fact, the Titmouse duo just did.

Until the sun comes out and it gets a bit drier, I might as well go down to my office and do some writing. I have two different sermons rumbling around in my head that I need to put on paper before they are forgotten. Some times I'm fortunate enough to have that happen and I consider it a gift from God when it does. Just another day of blessings! I hope you have a day full of good news and peaceful thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment