Friday, October 24, 2014

This week is rapidly coming to a close, isn't it? It doesn't matter whether you end your week with Saturday or Sunday, this one is about done. Happy Friday morning!

It is a happy Friday morning around our house and family. In fact it is an extremely blessed morning. We learned yesterday afternoon that my brother-in-law, Byron, got wonderful news from his oncologist. His cancer numbers had dropped from 641 last month down to 61. I don't know all the particulars of PSA numbers except they should be less than 5. I think my highest PSA Reading has been a .09 or 1. The bottom line though is that it at least looks as though the Provenge treatments he took have done some real damage to the cancer cells. So this morning we pray prayers of overwhelming gratitude. And --- we are so grateful to all of you for your prayers. This morning they are on the way to St. Louis to celebrate a grandson's Confirmation. It is the perfect way to also celebrate their good news. After all, everything begins and ends with God.

It is a fifty three degree, somewhat cloudy morning. The sun is trying to burst through the thin cloud layer. This morning we have Cardinals, Finches, Robins, and Woodpeckers of two varieties munching at the feeders. I heard the loud rat-a-tat-tat of a Woodpecker while ago and as loud as it was and as far away as it was, could only mean that it was one of the Pilated Woodpeckers. I really hope it stops by here for a snack.

Ms. Kate and I plan to get out in the flowerbeds today after we have finished all of our morning rituals of checking emails, reading Facebook, playing our silly computer games like Bingo Bash and Crimnal Case, and me writing my blog. By that time the sun will have dried off the dew and warmed the temperature enough to be comfortable. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be really nice days and a couple of good days in the fresh air will feel good.

As I write this morning, I have a CD playing of the Cantata that we are going to do for Christmas. I hope that I'll learn my part better if I listen to the recording several times. Our choir is small, only about twelve voices. But --- we do like to sing, and don't mind takng on a cantata. My only regret is that when we do cantatas, that tends to be all we work on. Consequently, we end up only singing a couple of times a year. I guess that is what happens when you have more love than talent. I just give God praise that these twelve or so have chosen the choir as a ministry. I believe every human being should choose at least one way in their life to serve God, who has provided so very much to each us.

My coffee. Is gone, the music has finished, and the temperature outside has now risen to 56°. I guess these are all clues that I need to vacate the recliner and get productive. I hope your day is full of joy. God loves you and Christ walks with you. How much better can it get than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment