Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I'm up early, for me at least. I have a Pastor's Circle to attend this morning. It isn't a big deal. The pastor's in our local Evansville Tri-state Association of the United Church of Christ get together once a month just to talk about whatever is on their mind. To me it is just a "rent a crowd" function because I'm not into that kind of meeting where nothing is productive. But, I go because "it is expected". Heck, they don't even serve good coffee, --- just decaf.

It is a cloudy morning and we will be having showers on and off today. A line of severe storms went through last night. There are power lines down and some people without electricity, but no real damage was done and thankfully, I have not heard of any injuries or death from the storm. I give God praise for that.

One lone Cardinal sits out there on a feeder. I'm a bit early for their full arrival. However, I am getting a lot less birds these days. I last filled the feeders I think four or five days ago and they are no where near needing to be filled again. My Finches are few and far between. I haven't seen the Blue Jays or Robins in some time. I guess many of my birds have migrated to where ever they spend the winter. And, I am still puzzeled as to why the squirrels are seemingly avoiding my yard. I'm still seeing a few in the neighboring trees but they come here, and eat for only a few minutes and are gone. They are saving me money.

Thanks for your prayers yesterday. I did manage to get my message done for this coming Sunday. Everything just kind of fell into place. I love it when that happens. Sometimes it seems I have to chisel every word out and I end up writing a paragraph four or five times, hoping it finally makes sense. Often, what makes perfect sense in my mind doesn't come out that way on paper. When I feel that happening, I generally have Ms. Kate read it and give me comment and or advice. She's a pretty smart cookie and spent a lot of years as a secretary in the Air Force reading and proof reading stuff for people.

My prayers go out this morning for one of my parishioners who is to meet with her surgeon concerning removal of a spot of cancer from her lung. Her oncologist told her that it wasn't a "spreadable" cancer but that it needed to be removed. She will have to be hospitalized for several days and may be very limited in her activities for several weeks. She is an active lady and the wife of a farmer. That is a bad combination for a cancer patient. But then, There is no good combination; so as you read this, keep Diana in your prayers.

It is time for me to get ready for my meeting. I pray you will have a day filled with there love of God. Enjoy one another and lift one another up. Remember that God walks with you every step of the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment