Monday, October 13, 2014

Good morning world and happy new week! It is a warm, (too warm, really) rainy morning and we are expecting that we may have at least one severe storm come through before the day is over. We are expecting a lot of wind and I reckon the yard will be full of leaves by morning tomorrow. But, as long as it isn't limbs or a tree, we'll just give God praise.

As I sat down in my chair this morning, I noticed through my sleepy eyes what looked like a really bright orange bird over on top of one of my feeders. I was hoping that perhaps I had an Oreole passing through. However, after a sip or two of coffee, I figured out that it was only a leaf from off of the tulip poplar tree. Shucks!!

It continued to be a busy weekend. The funeral for Ms. Velma at church went well. The women of the church out did themselves bringing in a meal. Ms. Kate took a cherry and pineapple dump cake that was appreciated. Luckally for me --- she made a second one for here at home. I call them "Dissappearing Cake" because that is what happens rather quickly to them around here. True to form, there are only three pieces left of ours and it won't survive till morning!

Many of the usual supects are here in the yard this morning, especially the Cardinals. Both the Downy and the Hairy Woodpeckers are flying in and out. The Chickadees and the Wrens are here and their song always makes me happy. The Titmouse couple fly quickly in , grab a seed and fly out. The wind is picking up and most everything is staying close to the cover of the firebush trees for protection. Those firebush plants are an anomally. Most peaple keep them trimmed to around four to maybe five feet. I've trimmed mine from the bottom up and they are now about fifteen feet tall; much the same as I did the pussy willow out side the door of the sunporch.

I must get my sermon ready for the coming Sunday. (By the way, I dis-like the word sermon. It says I'm preaching at you, not relaying a message from God. That's just my quirk, I guess.) My next three days are all filled with events and while I don't mind writing at midnight, I prefer not to get into a crisis writing mode. So, --- I must close with my prayers for today. If you are reading this then know that I have prayed for your peace of mind and spirit today. I never know who may come across this and read it; but each of us can benefit from an extra prayer. So, I ask you to say a prayer for me today. May God clear my mind of clutter and trash so that I may receive and relay anything God wants heard and said. I give God praise for my blessings and prayers of gratitude for my loving family, both physical family and faith family. May your day be full of God'wonderful grace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment