Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I was up before the sun today for what ever reason; not that one can tell that the sun is actually up yet. It is a rainy morning out there and the rain kind of just comes in small waves. It is very pleasant to sit here in my recliner and listen to it and yes, doze off to it for little snatches of peaceful extra sleeep. Knowing that my cup of coffee will get cold is reason enough to stay semi-awake.

I am certainly glad that I got the back yard cleaned up again from the leaves. As predicted, the one tulip poplar is now totally devoid of leaves. The fact that we had a day where the wind gusted to 40 mph for most of the morning took care of that. So, I ran the little lawn mower over the back yard and mulched the leaves right into the grass. Today's rain will help eliminate any dust from that and also begin the final decomposition process, which in turn adds nutrients back into my soil. Other leaves that I gather through the leaf vaccuum end up in the compost pile to make good nutrients for the flowerbeds and garden. God sure designed some great processes when making this world.

Ms. Kate and I have several things going on today. She is heading out this morning to get a perm. This afternoon we have two other appointments to take care of and I need to get to Office Depot and get ink for my printer. I started getting that "low ink" message last night and discovered that I didn't have any more.

The birds are just now coming from out of where ever it is they go at nght. I had at least a half dozen Cardinals fly in at one time. I guess someone sounded bird revelle somewhere out in the bushes or trees because not only the Cardinal, but also the Finches, Chickadees, Sparrows, and Downy Woodpeckers have arrived simultaneously. So suddenly the backyard is a flurry of wings flittering back and forth from feeder to feeder. I filled most everything up again yesterday afternoon so there is plenty to go around.

I suspect my farmers are not thrilled with this rain. Most that I talk to indicate they are pretty well done with bringing in their corn but now they need to get the soybeans harvested.  But a day off of the machinery will give them a day to clean up implements and take care of some other need to do work. I ask God for a safe harvest for all of them.

The predicted "cold front"  has arrived as I sit here. The wind has picked up and leaves are flying off of the trees. My yard that was clean ten minutes ago, is getting leaf covered once again. But --- that's all good. Let's get it over with. My coffee cup is empty and I need to refill and just sit, reflect, and enjoy God's show for awhile yet, then it will be time to get busy. Have a blessed day. I've said a prayer just for you today. Trust in its power.

No comments:

Post a Comment