Friday, October 31, 2014

Boo! That scared you didn't it? Happy Halloween. I hope you are better prepared for tonight's run of gobblins and ghosties than we are. We got to go get candy today as we have yet to do that. Yeh, its a cheapism. I figure it will be on sale today. And --- this way I didn't eat it before Halloween got here. Bless their little hearts, it is going to be a cold raw night for the kids to be out. Our weather guy said this will be the coldest Halloween in twelve years. Probably half of the little girls will be dressed as one of the two princesses from the movie "Frozen"; and I suspect they are going to feel that way before they get home.

We have other reasons to be out on this blustry, somewhat rainy , cold morning. Ms. Kate and I are going to start downsizing our pantries. So, what better way to do that than to take it to the food pantry. I saw on Facebook that the one in Oakland City is almost empty so I guess we'll take them some. We only have a small load to go today, but I'm sure no matter how much or how small, it will be used and appreciated. We need to get dressed and get up there too. They have very limited hours.

We also need to do a funeral home visitation today among the other running around that we have to do.

The Cardinals are on every feeder this morning. I didn't get the feeders filled yesterday afternoon so that too is a "must do" on the list. And I need to run the mower over the back yard and mulch up the leaves once again. The other tulip poplar is doing a good job of shedding its leaves now. If I stay on top of it, then it won't be such a job all at once.

Our prayers go out for those folks on our church prayer list. We just added another last night. A friend is having severe lung problems and they can't seem to keep the fluid off of his lungs. Being an athsmatic, I know that feeling of not being able to breathe. It is not only extremely tiring, but also frightening. So we pray for God's touch this morning for all of our loved ones and friends who are facing illness this day.

I have a Downy Woodpecker out there on a feeder that is pretty close to being empty. It pecks out a couple of bites and then looks around the feeder towards me. Now, I know it doesn't see me or know that I have anything to do with it having or not having food, but, --- it's still making me feel a bit guilty for not taking care of business yesterday.

S-o-o-o, I guess I better get busy with my chores for the day. I pray your day will be full of blessings, laughter, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment