Saturday, October 4, 2014

We left Berea, KY this morning around 10:30 a.m., and headed to Millersburg, OH. The weather was cold @ 42° and windy and cloudy. Unfortunately, it never improved all day. We got into Millersburg around around 1700 hrs. It is still cold. In fact when we got on the elevator a little bit ago, some fellow got in and said "I hear they are predicting one to two inches. I hate snow". I sure hope he was just trying to talk smack.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate driving in Ohio? I'd rather drive backwards through LA than forwards through Cincinatti or Columbus. The speed limit was 55 due to lots of construction and traffic was moving at 70 mph. They obviously remove signal lights on the cars since no one ever uses them, and I think they remove the bumpers too so they can cut in closer to you. Ahh well, tomorrow we get to "buggy alley" and hopefully the pace will slow down.

Speaking of buggies, we went to the local Walmart across the street and there was a long open shed to one end to the parking lot. There was a sign on it that said "Hitching Rail". There was a whole row of buggies with horses hitched to them parked in the shed. There must have been twenty something buggies parked there. So, now we know what the local Amish and Mennonites do for Saturday evening entertainment.

We are definitely looking forward to our next three days over in Berlin. There is a lot to go and see and a lot of good food coming our way. Ms. Kate and I remark often that we love the dedication that the Amish have to their way of life and to their relationship with God. If the rest of us who claim believe in God and who tell the world we are Christians, stuck as closely to those principals, we would be a much gentler country.

So, my prayers this evening go out as gratitude for our safe travels today and prayers for safe travels for the next few days. I also pray you will have a paceful weekend full of the blessings that God provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment