Saturday, November 1, 2014

Brrrrr to the outside world. Due to another day of running errands etc, once again I didn't get my bird feeders filled yesterday. So, that was the first thing I did this morning; even before my first cup of coffee. It is 34° and windy this morning, so coming back in and wrapping my hands around a steaming cup of coffee felt wonderful. But my birds should be very happy this morning. Everything is prepped and ready for their buffet.

Ms. Margret, (the neighbor across the west fence) has her yard crew out there mowing and mulching her leaves already this morning. The fellow is wearing a lght jacket and no hat on his head. I would think he would be pretty chilly. I have to do the same thing after while, but I intend to dress for the task. The sun helps, but that wind blows straight through a person.

It is a Saturday morning and for the first time this week I don't have to be getting ready to go somewhere away or do something right away. I can sit here and drink my coffee and watch the world outside of the sun porch all I want to. Of course sitting here looking at a yard full of leaves is a bit of a nagger. But the temperature has to go up ten degrees first. But with this wind blowing and gusting to about 15-20 mph that might take an hour or two.

We got the food delivered to to food bank yeterday morning. It wasn't an overwhelming amount but when I went in there, they only had a couple of loaves of bread and a couple of cans of beans. They were happy to get the donation. We can still pair down a bunch of stuff around here and take another load.

We missed the trick or treaters lat night. We tought they would come right after school and we wre prepared for them --- but they didn't. We had to go to the funeral home last evening, and sure as we were pulling out the drive, we saw the first of them coming down the street. They looked cold. It was in the mid forties and blustery. There will be new runny noses this morning.

My prayers go out this morning for the family from my parish that is burying their father this cold windy day. They will be miserable out there in the cemetery. Times like these are hard enough without adding discomfort of weather to it. I didn't know the man, but I watched some of the video they had running in the funeral home and it appears he was a good father, husband, and grandfather. I know he will be missed.

Well, it is time to just sit back and watch the action in the back yard, and survey my micro-kngdom, and give God thanks for all of it. I hope your day is full of love, friends, and blessings from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment