Friday, April 25, 2014

It has been a rainy, cool and windy morning so far as I sit out here with my coffee. But now the sun is starting to brighten the day and the showers have passed. Perhaps today will be a beautiful one after all.

This morning I have four Downy Woodpeckers vying for food where there isn't any. They like the bark butter paste and I'm out of it. There is, however, the same thing in pellet form out there for them as well as a suet ring hanging on a different pole. The suet ring was on the ground this morning so I don't know what got into that. Most likely that raccoon, or perhaps the wind was strong enough to take it down. But --- I'm betting on the raccoon.

It is Friday and that is my "offical" day off along with Saturday. However, my Saturday is ruined this week because I have a class to attend in the morning. But it is only for four hours and I guess I can handle it. This happens five times a year.

I never cease to be amazed at the agility of squirrels. This morning I have one that hangs by one rear foot as it bends around the feeders to get some seed and then pulls its self back up to eat them. They absolutely must have stomach muscles of iron.

My prayers go out this morning for loved ones and friends. I learned yesterday of an aquaintence that has developed alzheimers. He and his wife ran a favorite bed and breakfast over in Eaton, Ohio. She has closed the business down because his condition was affecting the guests. This morning I received another request for prayers for the mother of a paritioner who has severe liver cancer. It has not been a good week for news of loved ones and friends. And yet, I constantly remember that God walks every step of our lives with us. We never walk dark paths alone. That thought gives me comfort and I hope it does the same for all of them and for you too. God is good and constantly showers us with blessings, including that silly old squirrel that sits out there and amuses me.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment