Friday, April 11, 2014

I'm up before the birds again today, but just barely. I sat out here for about five minutes before I started even hearing anything moving around or singing. But slowly I started hearing one here and there. Then the birds started flying in. So far the fuzzy tails are still not here. It won't be long though.

There are a lot of clouds this morning. I think we are predicted to have showers on and off today. That will be fine as long as it isn't anything major. Yesterday I transplanted two azelias and five peonys. It wouln't hurt to have them get water today. This is a second move for the peonys. They came from a field behind my folks house before my mother sold the farm. We just didn't have them planted in a very good spot. Now, assuming they survive the move, they will get good sunshine and should be happy.

Today should be "interesting". My sister and I are taking my mother to look at caskets. Mother is 96, and insists that she "wants to be put away proper", what ever that means. I guess we'll find out what that means today. She will want the most expensive whatever that they have to offer. Reeling her in to reality will just honk her off. So, we'll go casket window shopping today. After that we are coming back here for our "Easter lunch". I'm a bit busy on Sunday mornings, especially Easter Sunday. There is no way we have time to drive an extra 100 miles just to pick up my mother for the sunrise service and lunch etc. So, we are celebrating today.

The back yard is beautiful. The daffodils are fully in bloom and we have have lots and lots of them. I should have maybe mowed the yard yesterday but I ran out of time. The grass isn't all that tall but there is a lot of winter left over stuff that the lawn mower could smooth out.

My prayers this morning are again prayers of gratitude. Ms. Kate is sitting here beside me peeling "taters" for potatoe salad, my sister and brother-in-law are in town to celebrate with us, and life is good. God's blessing abound all around me. How could this anything other than a blessed day? Thank you God for my blessings.

I hope your day is as blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment