Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wow! This morning is as bright as yesterday was cloudy. What a beautiful morning. I don't see but can hear a couple of Mockingbirds singing their hearts out not too far away. So, the air is filled with bird song this morning singing their own version of praise to God for such a beautiful day.

Friends on Facebook this morning talk of close calls with strong storms and tornados. I thank the Lord that they are safe. This round of storms has caused at least eighteen deaths and millions of dollars in destruction and lost homes. My prayers are certainly with those in the paths of these things. Our area was once again spared, although we have been hit many times in the past. It just shows how powerless we humans really are in the natural scheme of God's creation. Our scriptures tell us that God gave us dominion over the earth.   But --- that is like giving a man control over a wild lion; --- if we feed it and treat it right, just maybe it won't eat us. But, there is never a guarantee. As a species on this earth, we need to take better care of this earth.

The hydrangias and the phlox are really starting to grow out here in the flower beds. It is starting to look like an unkempt English garden once again. The iris are fully up and producing buds and a bloom here and there. The azelias are blooming beautifully, the lilacs smell wonderful, along with hyacenths. The rain has made the earth fresh and clean once again. Sitting here in the sunporch, I am surrounded by beauty and blessings. I love my life.

It is obviously breakfat time at the backyard buffet. The Cardinals are swooping in and out. The Finches of all varieties are here as are the Downy Woodpeckers and of course the Bluejays, and Starlings. I haven't seen a Robin yet this morning but I do have one squirrel out there filling his jaws and belly with sunflower seed. I waded out there last evening and topped off everything, so let them have at it. I'll sit here and enjoy the pleaure of their company and song.

My day has begun beautifully and I hope yours has too. I offer up prayers for my friends and loved ones with health concerns and pray for strength and healing wherever it can happen. God walks with us every step of every day. I hope you feel His presence. Give away your smiles today, afterall, they are free and constantly renewable.

No comments:

Post a Comment