Thursday, April 24, 2014

The day is a bit more normal today as I absord the news from two nights ago about Byron into it's proper niche in my life. Isn't it amazing how we can do that? Once we get past the initial shock of something, I think we create a mental working file to store the data, then read and process each new bit of information as it comes in. This ability is a blessing. Were we not able to do so, then instead of a working file, our mental process would halt to a single object and that would become an obsession, creating a roadblock with no ability to move on with life. Again, God is good.

Something from the nocturnal world of critters has developed a real taste for "bark butter". I have two feeders that are made strictly for that kind of bird food. It is a paste like product made mainly from peanut butter, I think, and is mainly used to attract Woodpeckers. I just filled those two feeders yesterday evening and they were full as late as midnight --- but they are cleaned out completely this morning. I think our local raccoon or opposum has developed a new taste. It would be interesting to watch because the feeders are hung so that it would be precarious to either to eat from them. Hmmmmm! We have a mystery.

Today we go to the churches to run the weekly bulletins and to mow the churchyard at St. Lucas. We are expecting a warm day so it should be pleasant out there on the mower. I'll have to retrain myself on using that church mower. It is a great mower but it is a ZTR type that uses levers rather than a steering wheel. I got off into the bean field with it for a few seconds last year while I was learning to use it. I hope I have better luck this time.

Ms. Kate and I went to the greenhouse yesterday and picked up all of the plants that she had ordered a couple of weeks ago. The wallet is a couple of hundred bucks lighter but the yard and some of these planters will look great. We need to get the weedkiller put on where it is needed, and it is time to get the plants in the ground.

I was finally able to get my thoughts together enough last evening to start on my sermon for next week. I hate to not be at least a week ahead on things because I never know when a funeral or something or another crisis might pop up. I'm just not a last minute guy.

So, the Cardinals are happy this morning as are all of the other critters and birds who are singing their songs today. My prayers are prayers of gratitude. God has again entrusted me with another day to celebrate life and the blessings that surround me. As the scriptures say, "This is the day that the Lord had made. Let us us rejoice and be glad in it.". I hope each moment of your day brings you another moment of peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment