Friday, April 4, 2014

Its a tired morning. Our record setting rain fall gave me cause to spend the night in the recliner in the family room. I slept, ---  but was up every hour making sure all was well with sump pumps etc.   We were fortunate that we had no damage from the severe storms that rolled through and the pumps worked per design. I poured an inch out of the rain guage yesterday morning and another seven inches out this morning.

I was up at 0445 checking things and came out to the porch. Despite the rain, it was light enough in the neighborhood to see things fairly well. I noticed there seemed to be a large something in the branches of the pussy willow tree outside my porch door so I went over and checked it out. There was a young raccoon up there eating from the bird feeder. So, --- I hit him with three BBs before he was able to escape.

One of the things though that I count as a blessing from the rain is that the air has been washed. Being an asthmatic getting through early pollen season, I give God thanks for washing the world and cleaning up the air for at least today. See --- one can always find a blessing if we just look for it.

Lots of Finches are hitting the buffet line this morning as well as a couple of the fuzzy fat boys. Mostly everything is seemingly checking out the ground to see what treasures have been uncovered by the rain. The Robins should be estatic this morning because the earthworms have come to the surface to keep from being drowned.  I cleaned up several from the porch floor this morning and tossed them outside to the birds.

I know that a lot of people are goingto be spending the day getting water out of their basements and maybe even their main living areas this morning because of localized flooding. So, this morning I put them in my prayers that they accomplish their tasks safely and don't get too depressed over lost "stuff".

My sky is getting a bit brighter and lots of birds are singing out there to welcome a new day. This is a day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment