Monday, April 14, 2014

April showers for this morning and I suppose, most of the day, at least on and off. But who could complain after the beautiful weekend God gave us. We took advantage of it too. Ms. Kate and I took a convertible ride on Saturday and then again on Sunday we took the convertible to church. So, if it showers today, that's alright. Unfortunately, our 63 degrees this morning is also going to be the high temp for today and by tonight it is supposed to be cold and wet enough for a few snow flakes.

The earth and air looks clean and green this morning. There are more and more leaves on the trees and the flowering trees are magnificent. My next door neighbor to the west has a flowering crab apple tree that has trippled in size since we moved here thirteen years ago. This time of year it blooms beautifully. The great thing about it is that it is in her yard and not mine. I don't have to clean up all of the stuff it drops during the year.

Cardinals and Goldfinches are the most frequent visitors this morning along with a couple of Starlings. The Robins  are still gatering nesting material. At least two of my feeders are empty of sunflower seed and need to be refilled. I'm still surprised that we are suddenly down to only a couple of squirrels. I don't know why, --- and I'm certainly not complaining.

It was a good weekend with the churches and family. We got our casket shopping done with my mother. We know what funeral home she wants to use and a general idea of what she thinks her casket should look like. Beyond that it was pretty much as I knew it would be ;---- lots of talk but no actual commitment being made. That's just the way my mother shops.

Palm Sunday went well. We confirmed a total of seven young children, one at St. Paul's and six at St. Lucas. We had close to 100 people at St. Lucas. Afterwards, we took our our guests to R'z Resturant for lunch. This coming week we will have bulletins to run on Wednesday as well as our final choir practice, then the Maundy Thursday worship service on Thursday, a Sunrise Service with the Cantata on Sunday followed by a Parish breakfat and the normal two Sunday services. Then it will be time to crash and burn!!!

This mornig I give God thanks for spring rains that wash away some of the pollen that comes with the beautiful blossoms. I also give God thanks for this Holy Week and the gift of His Son who was crucified for our salvation. I ask for the continuing flow of words and messages if I am to continue as a pastor of these two churches. Sometimes it seems I have run out of things to present and I wonder if God isn't telling me that I'm done.

So, have a most wonderful Monday. Its the start of a whole new set of days to make an impact on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment