Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I'm up earlier than usual this morning, so is Ms. Kate.  While I might tell myself I don't know why, --- I know it is because our hearts are heavier this morning. My sister called last evening with the doctor's report on Byron and none of it was good. The doctors confirmed bone cancer in his ribs, pelvis, and sternum, as we'll as cancer in his stomach and some lymph glands. So my heart is heavy as I share their heartbreak, and feelings of anger, unfainess, frustration, and knowlege of the physical issues that Byron is going to face in the fight to maintain quality of life. They have been through this with his mother and with our father. We have also been through this with my brother-in-law Kenny. My prayers for strength, courage, and peace within their hearts go out to them this morning and in the hopefully, coming years. The doctors have at least told them a "five year plan" is not above a possibility. So, let's take that and run with it. The reality of life is that we have no guarantees of longevity and death eventually catches us all. It is the belief and expectation of rejoining our loved ones on the other side of the veil that separates life and death that provides the peace within our soul. God is good --- all the time.

The notation at the top of my Nook says it is 46 degrees this .morning. but, the sun is shining brightly, the flowers are blooming beautifully, and there are birds and squirrels all around the yard. At least two of our azelias are in full bloom across the yard and make for a marvelous picture. Yesterday I got the snow blade off of the John Deere and the mower deck put on. I mowed our front yard and the neighbor's yard too. Today I need to mow my back yard. I have to do that with my little mower because the back yard is fenced in and I can't get the JD back here. It only takes me about twenty minutes and the walking is good exercise.

We need to go to the landscape garden and pick up a bunch of plants that Ms. Kate has ordered. I'm not sure where all of those are going --- but I bet I'll find out soon enough. Tomorrow's schedule includes mowing the church yard an running the weeks bulletins. It seems there is never a shortage of things that need doing.

So, --- while my thoughts this morning started out dark, my time out here on the porch has brightened them. God has a way of doing that if we will just take the time to sit down and talk it out. I give God thanks for every day I have on this earth and I count each moment with my family as a blessing that was given freely and totally undeserved.

May your day be filled with love and peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment