Saturday, April 19, 2014

The dogs go out, the dogs come in --- the dogs go out, the dogs come in. I 've only been less than a half an hour and they have been in and out at least five times. It's a squirrel in the yard thing, don't you see.

It is another beautiful morning, thank you Lord. More and more of the trees are filling out there leaves. From the look of the Maple trees in my two neighbor's yards, it will be "helicopter" time very shortly as all of those Maple seeds come flying off in the wind, filling the gutters of every one around. This a wonderfull continuous cycle.

We have yet another day with nothing of import on a schedule. I have to slice up a ham for Ms. Kate to fix for the parish breakfast tomorrow morning. And, -- I think we need to go to the bird food store because they have a sale going on and I could use some things. I could also run to Rural King and pick up some five gallon buckets to plant my tomatoes in. I cut the bottom out of them and fill them with a good garden/potting soil and the tomatoes do very well. So, I guess there are things on my list; the question is though, do I want to get off my butt and do them?

The daffodils are about done and will soon start laying over and looking ugly. But then the lillies will be coming on and the yard will turn beautiful again.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and so my prayers today are prayers of gratitude for a faith that sustains me regardless of what is going on in the world or in my life. God just continues to heap blessings on me and my family.

I think it is time to vacate my recliner. The coffee cup is empty. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment