Tuesday, April 22, 2014

It is a comfortably cool morning with bright sunshine a a blue sky. A gentle wind is blowing out the showers that we had last night. The earth smells clean. The showers and breeze though are also taking the blooms off of the Bradford Pear trees so it looks a little like a light snow has fallen beneath those trees. The season creeps along and nature changes as it should.

I'm up and showered a bit earlier this morning. (Not early for those who are already behind the wheel or at work) We have the air condition service man coming for our spring service this morning. I didn't think it appropriate for me to be siiting here in my pajamas when he gets here. Besides, I had a good night's sleep.

I filled the feeders again yesterday evening so there should be some satisfied critters today. I have a Downy Woodpecker just out the door that is certainly munching or pecking away at the feeder. The Titmouse takes turns eating at the same feeder as the Woodpecker. The Mockingbird doesn't take a turn, it just bullies in and eats off of the same feeder too. It is a little early, by about half an hour
, until the bigger birds come swooping in. The squirrels haven't shown up either. It truly is peaceful when they aren't here.

There are some chores I need to do today and then I need to sit and work on sermons for the month. I give up a lot a writing opportunity every morning by sitting out here on the porch. But sitting out here in communion with God and His glorious nature is far too important to give it up. It puts my day right and gives me the time to make a conscious decision that I will have a good day and I will be thankful for the blessings in my life. It puts my mnd and soul at peace. I wish everybody had the time or opportunity to do this.

Take the time to make someone smile today. Be the reason someone is having a better day. You are the messenger for God. A kind word, gesture, or smile will speak volumes more than a preacher's sermon.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment