Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tax day ---- April 15th, and there is a wind chill factor of twenty seven degrees outside. Brrrrrr!  I'm glad I'm inside with a good cup of coffee.

The wind and the temps have the critters on the move. I filled feeders yesterday and they are busy flying in and out grabbing energy to keep warm. I have one squirrel out there on the feeder we allocate for them. He'll be there all day or until he emptys it. There was a second squirrel out there on a different feeder when I came out here but I chased it off, at least for now.

The tulips have closed in on themselves against the temperature. The daffodils are getting past their prime and will be starting to lay over and be done. But, I give God thanks for the beauty they created when they bloomed. They were the announcement of spring for me. The Redbud trees are now blooming and the Dogwood trees are starting to show their buds. Last week I transplanted five peonys from the north side of the house to the west side so they could get proper sun. They have grown a foot since last Saturday. I was amazed when I saw them yesterday. I hope things don't get hurt tonight as we are supposed to have a hard freeze of 27 degrees. But the bottom line is that God has once again brought forth a beautiful world for us to enjoy. Obviously God is a far better gardener than I am.

Ms. Kate and I have appointments for pedicures this morning. I really need my toenails trimmed because they have gotten long and ugly; and bending over my belly to do it isn't easy. But this will be my first pedicure and I'm not sure about doing this. My feet are extremely tickelish and I'm not crazy at the thought of having them touched. Ms. Kate says it "feels wonderful" so I guess we will chance it. The worst that can happen would be a knee jerk reaction to being touched and kicking the guy or gal off of their stool.

Prayers again go out this morning for Byron who is to have some more tests done this week and also for my nephews wife Christina who is also facing some tests.  God's will be done and may each find comfort and peace with their diagnosis.

Well, the fat boys have moved in but are having a hard time hanging on to the feeders because of the stiff breeze that is blowing. I need to refill my coffee cup too. I pray God's blessing on you this day and throughout this Holy Week, and I thank God for my continual flow of blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment