Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How wonderful to see bright sunshine this morning. I was expecting to get up to another gloomy day. So, I say " thank you very much Lord".

The fuzzy butts are at two of the feeders this morning. I don't see how they can be hungry, they were out there all day yesterday, eating as fast as they could. I was concerned about one of my really pretty Goldfinches yesterday. It flew and hit the window really hard. I looked out there and it was flat on it back, wings all splayed out. But about two hours later I noticed that it was gone. I thought it was dead for sure, but, it is the season of the resurrection.

I'm seeing more Cardinals this morning than I have seen in a few days. Of course the rain kind of diminished their appearances at the feeders. It was late yesterday afternoon before the Finches all showed up. The Robins are here of course. Fresh rain equals fresh worms. But this morning the gang is all here, the daffodils are blooming brightly , and life is as it should be.

Last evening Ms. Kate and I went out to dinner for a date night. Our favorite resturant was having a prime rib buffet. The food lived up to our expectations. The prime rib was done perfectly and the desserts were wonderful. We have reservations there this coming Sunday with the family after church. Sheila and Byron, Ron and Betty , and my mother are joining us at church on Sunday.

Speaking of S & B, we are anxiously waiting to hear what his oncologists have to say to him today. Our prayers are certainly out for nothing but good reports. And if they are less than that, we pray for strength, patience, and a proper treatment plan that leads to better health. The bottom line is that cancer is a bitch with no mercy. We've lost too many people to it in our families and are not anxious to lose any more. So, we keep the prayer line open, and trust God to lead us through any and all situations.

My battery on the Nook is down to 15% so I'm jumping off. I hope your day is full of nothing but smiles and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment