Wednesday, April 16, 2014

It is 34° on this brilliant blue morning. The great thing is that there is no snow like the poor folks up in the UP of Michigan have today. From first look out of the porch, everything seems to be alright. So, Lord, thank you for the continued blessings. As our weather guy said last night, people get anxious to plant stuff outside when a warm day comes along, but he said that we should really wait until Mother's Day to be safe. I do know that when Ms. Kate starts new roses from "slips", we cover them with a jar until Mother's Day, so maybe the weather guy is right.

Well, I got my pedicure yesterday and it was interesting. I have to admit that my feet did feel better afterwards, but I wasn't crazy about the process. Ms. Kate says it will be easier and more pleasant next time now that they have my feet in good shape. Yeh, --- there may be a next time. It does beat bending over and trying to trim them myself.

My world outside the porch is getting greener everyday. I'm going to have to mow the lawn in the next few days I reckon. That means of course that it is time to get the snow blade off of the John Deere and put the mower deck on. It isn't an easy thing to do by myself, so hopefully I can get some help from my neighbor, Dan, from across the street. Next week I have signed up to mow the lawn at St. Lucas. We take turns doing it rather than hiring someone to do it for us. They bought a new John Deere ZTR last year. It does a great job but it was hard to get used to. I'm sure I will have to re-learn again next week since I only used it the one time.

We have lots to do today again. We have to finish running the bulletins for three services. Tomorrow is Maunday Thursday, the celebration of the Last Supper of Jesus Christ. It is from this celebration that the church universal derived the Sacrament of Holy Communion. Of course not all churches celebrate it the same way and many do not celebrste it at all.

My prayer this morning is for peace during the remainder of the Holy Season. How horrible it is that people fight and kill one another over how to believe in and worship God. So, I pray that the world simply stop and acknowlege God in a spirit of prayer and leave others to do the same. Have a most blessed day. I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment