Monday, April 7, 2014

The daffodils all have their  heads down to keep the rain out of their faces. Yes, it is raining again this morning. It is a light rain though, very typical of what one might picture as "an April shower". However with a total of almost eight inches lat week, I'm thinking we could do without any rain today or even for the next week or so. Its just proof that my thoughts are not always God's thoughts. I do wish, however, that Southern California and the other drought stricken areas of our crop producing country had a rain like this for about three days. That would allow it to soak in rather than run off, and would be a blessing indeed.

There is a Crow, or maybe it is a Raven, (I don't know the difference),  sitting on a branch "cawing" about something. It got the squirrels attention and a couple of them took off. I wonder what that is all about. Who knows what critters are allys or enemies out there. All we need is Jeff Probst to referee my backyard Survivor episode.

This coming Sunday will be Palm Sunday and is also Confirmation Sunday at the churches. My confirmands did an excellent job yesterday during their oral examination in front of the congregations. I was very proud of them.

This evening is "date-night" for Ms. Kate and me. We're going to our favorite resturant for an all you can eat prime rib buffet. Yesterday after church we went there and had a wonderful seafood stew; possibly the best seafood stew we've ever had. We told the owner that it was a definite keeper for the menu.

My thoughts and prayers this morning go out for my son- in- law Gary who has a job interview to teach automotive classes. I think he would be very good at that. I also raise up our friend Betty Harmon who lost her hrother on Saturday. Finally, I offer up prayers of gratitude once again for my blessings. As I sit here comfortably in my house, I pray for those who are out there on the streets of this country and around the world who have no home and no shelter. May God guide them to a place of comfort and peace.

Have a blessed day, I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment