Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Welcome to the national deep freeze! I heard last night that 80% of the country was going to be under 32 degrees last night. I awoke up to 4 degrees with a -19 degree wind-chill outside. That is just miserable. The school systems have closed for today as have many other things. This is a day that you check on elderly neighbors etc and make sure they are alright. LOL, around here, we are the elderly neighbors. The ground is snow covered but no accumulation. I filled the birdfeeders yesterday afternoon. I also cleaned the bird bath. I would love to sit in the sun porch and watch all my critters, but it is just too cold to be doing that. So, I go check out the window once in a while. There aren’t a lot of birds out there and only one squirrel hanging round. What is really hard to fathom is that we are supposed to have 57 degrees on Sunday.

I spent a few hours yesterday up at the hospital with a family. The husband was having carotid artery surgery. The surgery went three and a half hours and the doctor said the man was extremely fortunate not to have had a massive stroke. Yesterday they did the right side. In eight weeks they will do the left side. I just never cease to be amazed at the things that God has allowed us to learn. And, the fellow is going home today. That is just unbelievable.

Ms. Kate outdid herself yesterday in the cooking department. She made a pot of clam chowder that waas fantastic. It was so good that I ate too much and was stuffed. Then for supper she made spaghetti sauce and spaghetti. I was so full from lunch though that I could only eat one helping which is really unusual because I am a “pasta-hollic”. On top of that she also made jello with pears in it. I may have some more of that for breakfast this morning. I went to bed around 0100 this morning and I was still stuffed. Today I have to eat less that is for sure.

I don’t know what I am going to do today. Art and I cancelled our staff meeting this morning. We’ll do it tomorrow assuming it will be a little warmer to get outside.  Actually, we’ve texted back and forth this morning so we basically covered everything. But, I still have one more sermon to write for February and then I need to work on the Ash Wednesday service. I reckon that is what I will do today.  It seems like as good as anything to do. Of course, I could just sit and read a book for a change. I took a book with me to the hospital yesterday to read and never opened it at all. I spent the entire time talking to my parishioner.

BUt, for right now, I may go back out to the sun porch and sit for a few minutes with my blanket on my lap and listen to this Collingswirth Family Album I have playing on my IPad. I hope y’all snuggle down and stay out of the cold. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment