Thursday, January 3, 2019

Wow! It is hard to believe, I’m seeing sunshine this morning and it is accompanied by a backyard full of cardinals. It is thirty three degrees and the squirrels are looking fat this morning because they have their fur fluffed up to keep warm. The cardinals sit out there with their feathers fluffed up too. BUt, it is such a joy to welcome sunshine after several days of clouds. And —- we have Bluebirds at the Backyard Buffet. God gets an extra prayer of gratitude today.

I’m sorry I missed you yesterday but it was a busy day as is every Wednesday. I started off with the usual staff meeting with Pastor Art and Karen. We had to do a bunch of work tailoring the bulletin for this Sunday’s service. We are doing our service this week differently than we usually do. It will be more what we call “traditional”. There is more liturgy and prayer and no “praise and “fun stuff” that the younger generation feels they need today. It requires you to concentrate rather than be entertained.  We haven’t even held the service yet and I have already heard complaints from the thirty somethings. But, they can sit through one “old time service”. LOL. Art and I have maybe two months left before they hire the new pastor. That new pastoral team may have an entirely different method of conducting worship. The search committee is meeting with the prospective couple again tonight and they are driving here from Ohio. This is their second trip here so Art and I figure they are close. We still hear they want to be in place by Lent and that is March 6th.

I’m not sure what I am going to do once this interim job is done. We’ll need to find us another place to worship but that is only part of it. I don’t know what I’m going to do with my time. Certainly there is plenty of stuff to do around here. I have a park bench that is all rotted and broken down and sitting in my garage taking up space. I bought the materials to rebuild it two years ago and still haven’t done so. That will become a priority. But odds are that Ms. kate and I will fall into a routine of just doing stuff. I can look around the backyard and the front flowerbeds and there is so much that really needs to be done, but I think it is time we cut back on some of that too. Kate isn’t physically able to be of much help out there and I don’t like to do it by myself. We’ll just have to see what happens. There is always an unfinished Stephen King novel sitting beside my chair. Who knows, I just might get caught up before he turns out another.

That’s about it for today. We were supposed to have dental appointment today for cleaning but with our colds and coughing we cancelled that. I need to go to the drugstore today and pick up some more Mucenex for Ms. Kate. I also need to refill bird feeders again today. The flying pigs have almost cleaned me out once again. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment