Saturday, January 12, 2019

Welcome to a snow covered Saturday morning. I don’t know how much we actually got. There is maybe two and a half inches sitting on top of the birdfeeders. I just went out and used the John Deere to clear off the driveway and theere wasn’t but about an inch and a half out there. It is supposed to rain all afternoon and wash all of this away, but, I wanted to play with the JD for a little bit so I went out and cleaned off the drive and the street in front of my house. I hardly got to use my JD last year for snow. On a day like today, I probablywasn’t out there ten minutes total.

I have lots of guests this morning at the Backyard Buffet. It doesn’t happen often but I had a robin eating from a feeder this morning. They are generally just ground feeders. But I guess since there is snow on the ground they can’t find what they want. I also have a half dozen doves here this morning again. They’re all puffed up this morning keeping warm. They look twice as big as they really are. If I was a dove hunter, they would be easy pickings today. As is usual when it snows, I have a flock of starlings in here bullying everything else around with their pecking and fighting and squawking. They are some nasty birds. I see maybe four wrens out there and a pair of titmouse. You never see just one titmouse, they are alway paired. I wonder if they maybe maybe for life. I know some people that could learn a thing or two from them.

I’m starting to see snow melting and drops of water coming off of things. MMy Accuweather App says that we will be having rain in 112 minutes. I suspect by tomorrow we won’t be able to tell we even had snow. That works for me because tomorrowis Sunday and I don’t want people to have an excuse to not be in church. We make up enough excuses, no use in adding weather to the list. LOL

I have a sermon to go over before tomorrow so I think I’ll head downstairs to my office and do a re-read to make sure I’m saying what I want to. Sometimes I’ll do a last minute read of something I’ve written and wonder what in the world I was thinking when I wrote it. So, you go have yourself a very enjoyable day and I’ll get some work done and then maybe later, I’ll prop my feet up in front of the fireplace and take a nap. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment