Friday, February 1, 2019

Happy February everyone. I’m sitting in the sun porch and I see a glaze of ice on the sidewalks and the birdfeeders. I’m glad they are full. All I have seen out there at the Backyard Buffet so far is one squirrel and a couple of starlings. But it is early and the rest of the guests will be along before long.

2019 is now 1/12th gone. One year ago today I started as co-pastor at my home church. It has been a really great year. Pastor Art and I make a really great team. I still can’t believe that he convinced the council to bring a co-pastor on board. It had never been done in the history of our church. But, — since it was to be an interim situation, they went for it. it, I’m hearing rumors that they may actually be considering doing it when they hire the permanent pastor. I guess we will just have to see what happens. When I hired on, I really didn’t think it would go into a second year but it has. Now he and I were thinking (due to rumors) that we woud be gone by the beginning of the Lenten season. Now, we’re revising our plans and thinking that maybe either by Easter or right after Easter. So, we had our staff meeting yesterday and have planned through April which will get us past Easter Sunday. Art has planned a vacation in April. Ms. Kate and I aren’t taking any vacation time until June. If that means that I lose vacation time because my employment runs out before that, well so be it. But we need to be saving our vacation time for Jon’s graduation out in California and drive back across the country to Va. Beach. That is all going to take us three full weeks. I don’t know that we have ever taken three weeks of vacation at one time. I have a lot of planning to do before that trip.

If the sun would just pop through the clouds, it would feel a whole lot warmer outside, and it would quickly melt the glaze on my sidewalks. The temperature is twenty eight and is supposed to go to forty three today. But, the melting will be slow if the sun doesn’t come out. Ms. kate and I plan to go out and about today. We have some shopping to do. One thing I need to buy is a snow shovel. I finally wore my last one out last year. I don’t need one very often because I use the John Deere, but sometimes ya’ just need to clear off the sidewalk The best I have atthe moment is a “corn-scoop” shovel. That works but they are heavy. So, by now stores ought to start putting snow shovels on sale. Winter is almost half over.

That’s it for this Friday blog. I hope you are where it is warm and don’t have to get out in ice and snow. If you have an elderly neighbor that lives alone, give them a call and check on them. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment