Friday, January 4, 2019

The click, click, click of raindrops falling on the roof could be a little mesmerizing this morning. It is supposed to rain on and off all day again today but right now we are just getting little shots of light sprinkling as the front moves in. We certainly don’t need any rain in my opinion but then I can’t see it from God’s view. The good news is that today’s showers will usher in a nice sunny weekend.

I’m concened about Ms. Kate. She still has that terrible cough. Yes,  it is a tad bit better but this is the tenth day of it. She’s getting no rest because of it and refuses to go to the doctor. In my opinion she really needs a breathing treatment regimen to clear out her lungs. I’ve been sick like she is and breathing treatments were the only thing that really helped me, well, and the steroid shot that Nurse Fran sticks in my hip. But, Ms. Kate just won’t go.

I’ve been trying to put together my sermon for next week and I’m having a hard time of it. It is the story of the baptism of Jesus which is a scripture that everybody knows. So, trying to make it relevant is tough. I wrote a bunch of stuff last night but it sounds like a history lesson instead of a sermon. It would be great material for a Sunday school lesson because I did some good research for it, but as a sermon, there would be nothing gained I’m afraid. So, my task today is to get that sermon written.

We have some good left-overs in the refrigerator today. A couple of days ago we made vegetable soup and we have a couple of quarts of that left. Yesterday she made navy beans with ham soup and we have maybe three pints of that left. So, we’re set for a day or two. At least Ms. Kate is feeling good enough to do a little cooking and more importantly eating. She had not been eating hardly anything at all for several days.

Despite the rain, I have a bunch of cardinals this morning. They are joined by a couple of larger woodpeckers, wrens and finches. And of course —- the fuzzy tailed rats are out there. Tomorrow is supposed to be a sunny day and I’ll take the opportunity to refill feeders. I need to make another run to Wildbirds and pick up some Bark Butter bits because they have gone through the three bags I bought last time. Everything loves those things, especially that darn starlings. They fight and peck and fuss at one another and everything else. But the bits are also a favorite of the Cardinals and the Bluebirds so I keep buying them. I get thrilled when I see the Bluebirds come in.

My coffee cup is empty and my Lauren Talley CD is about done playing, so I guess it is time to vacate my sunporch and get downstairs to my office. I pray you will have a blessed day and a grand weekend. Take time out for worship of the marvelous God that is providing you an abundance of blessings and the very breath you take. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment