Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday, morning, the end of another work week. It is a cold damp morning and is cloudy again today. But since it isn’t raining, I can get out and fill bird feeders. We aare supposed to be getting a real artic blast of weather in here between tonight and tomorrow afternoon. They are predicting a couple inches of rain followed by maybe an inch of snow which is alright, but the temperatures are going to plummet into single digits. I need to make sure my Backyard Buffet guests have food because they are ging to be flocking in here.

Ms. Kate’s finally calling her doctor about this cough and cold that has had her in its grip since Christmas. I hope she can get in today. I will be very surprised if he doesn’t admit her to the hospital with pneumonia. I just want her to be able to get over this cough. It takes her breath away and really worries me. As hard as she coughs, she literally could have a heart attack. As you know, I’ve been trying to get her to the doctor for over two weeks now, but, I think it has gotten to the point that she know the continued OTC meds she is taking are not going to do her any good. If she has to go to the hospital, so be it. I just want her well and healthy.

Speaking of doctors, I got a call late last night from Dr, Weaver, the neurosurgeon, with the results of my neurology test. He said that I indeeed do have some pinched nerves in my arm and that they were weakening my muscle. So, he is going to have his offfice set me up for surgery. They will put me to sleep and do a couple of inch incision on my arm and move some nerves around. The procedure will be an in and out of the hospital and shouldn’t take but about an hour. He said that I could let the whole thing go but that at my age, it will continue to weaken the muscle in my arm, so, he recommended that I have the surgery. I agreed to it. Will let you know more about that when it happens. Heck,, that will  be my fifth surgery on that arm. It should feel very sspecial. LOL Back in 1977 I had three surgeries on it after I got run over by a truck. Then in 2011 I had major surgery on the shoulder after I tore the biceps out of the socket from a fall. And now they are going to rearrange the nerves. I hope this is not going to require me to go through any physical therapy. I’m not a fan.

We were supposed to go have lunch with Brenda and Bob today but she is having to babysit with a sick grandchild. And of course we are also waiting to hear from Kate’s doctor so we can get her in there. We’ll postpone our schrooms and beer date.

That’s it for today. The winter storm is sweeping across the country. If you are in its path, stay safe and warm. Until next posting, May God be with you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment