Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday morning and Pastor Art and I are discussing the “what-ifs”. It is raining and has been for most of the night. The temperature is starting to drop and the snow is supposd to start around 1500 hours and blow snow in blizzard-like conditions for about six hours, leaving us with anywhere from three to six inches. It is not going to be pleasant or fun. The odds of having church in the morning do not look good.

I can’t pre-treat my driveway because of the rain. With the temperature dropping to twenty-one degrees I expect a thin layer of ice under that snow. Ideally, if it quits raining for a half hour or so before the snow starts,, I could get out there and throw down a good sprinkling of snow melt stuff. But, we will just have to see how it all plays out. My JD may end up being useless out there and just sit and spin.

I filled the feeders yesterday but my guest list today has been sparse. A couple of squirrels have shown up, of course, I did have a half dozen or so cardinals come by and a mockingbird. The little wren is always here and I even had a goldfinch here. But that is about it, If it snows like it is supposed to, I’ll have a lot of starlings here tomorrow.

I thik I’m done for today. It is perfect “take a nap” weather even though it is still morning. I’m pretty comfortableout here in the sunporch withmy light blanket over my lap. The sky is grey, and the rain on the roof is mesmerizing to hypnotic; perfect napping conditions. Y’all stay safe out there. If you are in the path of this winter storm, stay home and read a book with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. God will listen to you and talk to you right there in your recliner. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment