Monday, January 7, 2019

Hello Monday morning. I guess it is time to start another week. As I do, Ms. Kate is still coughing and still nor getting out of the house. She says she is better but I can't tell it. I guess she plans to stubborn her way through this thing. I just hope she gets fully back on her feet soon.

It is a cloudy morning and we are supposed to have a swath of rain pass through our area later today. But the temperature is going to be almost sixty degrees. That will be comfortable. Of course with our rolller-coaster weather, by Thursday we'll be back in the freezer. But that is all good. I noticed yesterday that my early daffodils are already up about an inch and a half.  They are going to get their buds frozen off. We are only three weeks into winter with a whole lot of snow and ice and cold weather to come yet. But, I look at those daffodils and think to myself that the are a promise from God that nature will continue and the seasons will continue to come because God's presence is eternal. So, I look at them and I smile.

Our church attendance was down yesterday. We only had sixty -one in church. I know that some of our "snow-birds" have taken off for Florida and there are people out, like Ms. Kate, with this cold/cough thing that is going around. And there might have been some folks that stayed home because we had announced that we were changing the worship format ofr yesterday and some folks just don't like change, no matter how minor it might be. I guess we'll see how it goes next Sunday when we return to our "normal" service.

I went to Bob's house yesterday and visited with him. I had asked Brenda to meet me there. I'm borrowing some music from St. Lucas church for our choir. Pastor Art wants to use some "Negro Spirituals" for the Sunday before Martin Luther KIng Day and I immediately thought of the the song "Down To The River to Pray". But, we didn't have it here at Zoar so, -- I called Ms. Brenda and asked her if she would run me a copy from their files. I'll give it to our choir dirctor tonight and see if she wants to use it. I really like the song, it's simple, and our choir would do a great job with it.

Well, I'm at wwork and I need to look some stuff up for an upcoming sermon so I better actually "do some work." I hope you have a pleasant week . Stay in tough with God on a daily basis. You week will go so much beter if you do. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment