Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Ok, let me whine and whimper for a moment and tell you I feel like crud this morning. I had my surgery yesterday morning on my arm and I think it went well. My lip is raw on the inside from the breathing tube they used. It is swollen and sore and feels like someone punched me in the lip. My arm and hand are swollen from the surgery, or maybe because of the bandage and how I slept last night, I don’t know. Ms. Kate brought me some Tylenol and that should get things back into perspective. But at the moment, I just want to stay wrapped in my blanket, sit here and watch the rain and maybe feel sorry for myself aa little bit, which I know is silly as heck. The doctor gave me a description for Loritab but I don’t think I’m going to fill it. The Tylenol should do the trick. With any luck, I’ll still be able to make choir practice tonight.

Well, you’ve heard about my Tuesday, how was your’s?  We finally left the hospital and then went by Ms. Kate’s doctor’s office so she could have her blood tests run. They needed to know if the steroids they prescribed for her bronchitis was affect her Coumadin. After that we came home and I napped on and off most of the day and went to bed around 2200 hours.

It is thirty nine degrees and raining this morning. That will be our high for today. The rain is supposed to stop around 1500 hours and the temperature is going to drop all day and get down to below freezing by tonight. The yard is sloppy from the rain and thee snow has all melted. The bird feeders are mostly empty again. I’m sure the starlings stayed on them yesterday until there wasn’t a bit left of the Bark Butter bits. That’s too bad because I’m not in the mood to go out there and slop around in the yard filling feeders.

As much as my arm and lip might bother me today I do need to stop and give credit where credit is due. My nurses and doctors yesterday were super. The doctor was very caring and the nurses were too. So, I want to thank them for their care. I also lift them up to God and thank God for providing them the skill needed to do what they did. They were excellent but I also know that God was just using them to do His work. So. Give praise and glory to God for my successful operation.

That is about it for me today. I’m going to pour another cup of coffee and sit here and watch it rain. Have a pleasant day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment