Monday, January 28, 2019

January 28th already. The first month of the year is almost gone. As it has forever, one day melts into another and plans we had for yesterday often turn into plans for today or maybe --- well, we can do them tomorrow too. That is the status of my Backyard Buffet. I did get out and buy another 80# of sunflower seed and four smaller bags of Bark Butter Bits. But, the sunflower seed is still in the car and I haven't put out the bits yet. It will be a warmer day today when I get home from the office and I will fill things up then. The artic front is supposed to be coming in starting tonight and it will be bitter cold. My critters will need energy to keep warm.

I was supposed to go to the doctor's office this morning. I had an 0815 appointment for a "wound check" on the area where I had my surgery. At 0730 I got a phone call from the doctor's office asking me if I wanted to come in or did I want to do it over the phone. I can honestly say I have never had a doctor's appointment over the phone, but it worked for me. It meant that I didn't have to drive to the southeast side of town in morning traffic, and I could make it to the office on time. So, the lady on the phone asked me if I still had my bandages on or not, (which I don't). She asked me about pain or swelling and I told her that I was just fine. So, she told me to continue with my restriction against lifting with it and to baby it until I see the doctor on the 20th of February. I told her that was fine with me.

We had our congregational meeting yesterday and I was hoping for a good report from the Pastoral Search committee and we didn't get it. The comittee chairman basically just said, "we're still searching". We are entering our fifth year of a pastoral search which is beyond rediculous. Most searches last maybe three years. I think the folks would have been much happier if she could have given them at least some hope that they were finding some potential candidates. But as it was — it was depressing. On the other hand, the congregation is very satisfied with their current solution of having Pastor Art and me.

I’m home from the office to finish this. About half way through this morning the wifi went out. I thought I had lost it all but I didn’t. I had planned to come home, have a bite to eat and then fill my birdfeeders. But —- it is raining again and the wind has really picked up. Crapola.

So, I have stuff todo and I guess I’ll get to it. In the meantime, you have a blessed day. Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment