Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Talk about “turn around weather”; we have it this morning. It is thirty three out there this morning and the wind is stiff and out of the north. They used to say; “it’s colder than aa well digger’s butt in Alaska”. I’ll need to dress warm today when I go out. Our weather folks are saying we are in for at least aa week of “winter” weather to include cold, wind, rain, & yes, even some snow. After all it is January and we should not be having fifty degree days. Say what you will, I believe in Global Warming. Our ice -caps are melting and the temperature of the ground is in fact heating up. I don’t know the cause of it but I do know that we humans really suck at taking care of the world that God created for us and. We are routinely destroying our ground and our air.

I filled all of the feeders yesterday and so far this morning, I haven’t had a single guest at the Backyard Buffet. They will come, but the wind and cold has them finding shelter I’m sure. —- And as I said that; here comes the cardinals aand the Bluebirds and I’m a happy guy. I went to Wild Birds Unlimited yesterday afternoon and picked up some of my specialty foods. It was a great trip. They have a “rewards program” where they give you “bird-bucks” for “X” amount that you spend. I have been saving them up and yesterday I bought everything I needed and it only cost me eighty one cents.  I used $60.00 worth of Bird -bucks. But now I have to start over again. I am so glad they opened up that store again. I could find comparable products to what I use but my critters didn’t like them as well. And while it seemed that they were cheaper, the bags were smaller and therefore I was I reality paying more. I still go to Pet-Food Center though for my Black-Oil sunflower seeds.  I get 40# bags there for $18.00 which is a good price. About five years ago there was a shortage on sunflower seeds for some reason aand it went up to $30.00 for a 50# bag. I go through at least seven hundred pounds of Black-Oil seed a year so I watch my prices. I really should keep a record of what I spend on feeding and housing my birds and critters a year. I know it is a lot.

I need to get cleaned up and ready to head to the office. It is staff meeting morning. I’ll go brave the cold and you sit there in your chair and stay comfy. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment