Friday, January 11, 2019

A blessed Friday morning to you. I’m sitting here watching the mockingbird and the red headed woodpecker and the starlings fuss and and fight over the bark butter bits  feeder. I call it the battle of the “long beaks”. They peck and flit and try to land on one another and move one another out of the way. It’s comical and entertaining. Then, when the three of them have forced one mother off of the feeeder, a cardinal swoops in for a quick bite.

I got my new cowboy boots yesterday. I’ve been looking at a brand of boots that are advertised on Facebook for over a year. They are called Tecovas. I’ve debated and debated with myself about buying them. I love cowboy boots but I seldom find any that really are comfortable and spending $250.00 on a pair of shoes just seems outrageous to me. But, I finally gave myself permission to order some and they arrived yesteday. They are very comfortable, once I get them on; but there-in lies the problem. I’m havig trouble getting them on. I wish I could say it is a problem with the boot but it isn’t. It is a problem with my fat belly and bending over to do it. But, I’m going to keep them.

I spent almost eight hours yesterday putting together my sermon for the 27th of January. It is a sermon that I have been wanting to write for awhile, but just had not been able to really focus my thoughts on. Now that it is written, I’ll let it set for a couple of days and then go back and read it and see if it says what I want to say in the manner that I want to say it.

I read this morning that yet another Law Enforcement Office was gunned down for no reason at all. She was only twenty two years old and was just two weeks out of training. She had responded to an alleged three car accident and was ambushed at the scene. The suspect then barricaded himself in his home and committed suicide before the police could get to him. What the hell is wrong with people? Why do people thik they have to go kill innocent people before they commit suicide. I trust God has a special pocket in hell for his immortal soul.

We are looking for snow tonight and tomorrow morning. I expect to be looking at a yard full of snow in the morning when I write my blog. Although, the forecasters say that by afternoon we will most likely be getting rain and wash most of it away. Hello southern Indiana January.

That is about it for me this morning. I hope your day is bright and cheery. Take time to say a prayer and be grateful for your blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment